Send As SMS
foodbeam has moved here - Go to !
Sunday, July 24, 2005
About me...

name : fanny

live in : magagnosc, alpes maritimes, france [update - studying in Toulouse]

live with : my parents (im only 21) , my sister-twister and my lovely dog chiffon (which means "rag")

love : david (cinema addict), cherries, cookbooks

would love to visit : my city is london, but at the moment sydney (because of a man called bill granger) and the caribbean

interests : cooking, animals, photography...

why this blog ?I've always loved to cook. But as the years passed by, i started piling cookbooks i'd only read and never use.
So after spending 48h-non stop on both Nordljus and The Traveler's lunchbox, i decided it was time to get on with the action.
I created foodbeam to:
1) finally use my constantly-growing cookbooks collection
2) give me a reason to cook so much
3) pratice food photography and english


27 sweets:
Blogger ChichaJo said something sweet:

Hi Fanny! Welcome to blog-land :-) You've got some really nice pictures already I see...those cherries look good enough for me to grab out of my laptop screen and eat!

25 July, 2005 16:51 

Blogger Estelle said something sweet:

Hello Fanny and bienvenue to your blog! I hope it will bring you through many beautiful and tasty journeys and I cannot wait to read your next food adventures.

26 July, 2005 03:00 

Blogger Zarah Maria said something sweet:

Oh Fanny, this looks so promising! I'll surely keep popping by!

27 July, 2005 09:09 

Blogger Fanny said something sweet:

Thank you very much ChichaJo, you're the first to make a comment so that's quite a celebration for me.
Im gonna have a look at your blog.
The cherries are from my garden and are so very good.

Thanx estelle for your kind words.

Thank you so much Zara Maria.
I saw on your blog that you made a recipe from Bill Granger and he's one of my favourites cooks.
By the ay your blog is awesome.

27 July, 2005 14:05 

Blogger Clare Eats said something sweet:

I so have to go to Bill's
I will let you know if I go!

02 August, 2005 05:40 

Blogger Fanny said something sweet:

Hi Clare Eats, you're so lucky to live in Australia. I'd love to go to bills.
Thanx for dropping by.

02 August, 2005 09:01 

Anonymous Mamsellemyrtille said something sweet:

I love your new blog!! do you remeber me? mamsellemyrtille from aufeminin...the pictures are so nice et the content is not bad at all :p

03 August, 2005 09:38 

Blogger Fanny said something sweet:

Thanx mamsellemyrtille for dropping by.

03 August, 2005 12:33 

Anonymous Austrian said something sweet:

A French cookbook in English language. This is really great, because I am not able to read or write French. :-D

02 November, 2005 15:30 

Blogger valentina said something sweet:

It has been fabulous to discover this blog. I plan on coming back many times. I love your style and the gorgeous photos.

22 January, 2006 16:23 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Hi ! I'm french but I'm studying in Italia and I love your blog !!!
I want to lick the screen every time I'm visiting your site... THANKS !!!

PS: Why have you decided to write in english ?

17 April, 2006 18:16 

Anonymous Anne-So said something sweet:

Hi Fanny !
Wowwww !!! You weblog is absolutely gorgeous, I'm just fan of your pics. Keep it up :)

11 June, 2006 20:25 

Anonymous Saudades said something sweet:

i too, collect cookery books but i hardly use them. instead i read them like novels! :) get ideas from them, and drool all over the photography. btw, Bill Granger is okay, i prefer Donna Hay whose recipes are fab and the photography by Petrina Tinsley is absolutely stunning!

greetings from NL

14 June, 2006 16:27 

Anonymous gwenda said something sweet:

boy am i glad i chanced upon this blog! great pictures and delicious-looking food you have there! i'm bookmarking this blog!

and as a vet student in sydney i can tell you that
1. sydney's certainly a great place to visit, bill's is fab, but many other sydney restaurants are worth a trip down under too! ;)
2. vet school is fun! (if you still wanna be a vet hehe)

19 June, 2006 09:49 

Anonymous Fanny said something sweet:

Hi there, i can't believe foodbeam's been running for almost a year!

Austrian - i hope you're not too disappointed not to find lots fo french recipe. I'm going to try to post more often about french food.

Valentina - thank you so much for you nice words.

Anonym - i'm no so sure lickinga computer is recommended :) I'm glad you like foodbean though!!!

Anne-So - merci!! Ca me fait super plaisir surtout venant de toi...

Gwenda - it feels like you're all i wanted to be: in Sydney and studying to be a vet.
Actually i don't want to be a vet anymore; when i was younger it didn't bother me to see the animal suffering as long as we were helping them (i did several pratical and i liked it); but now, too sensitive to animal pain.
So finally i'm studying engineering!

19 June, 2006 13:30 

Blogger Culinarily Curious said something sweet:

I just discovered your blog -- beautiful! Your fresh food photos have me hungry and I'm really looking forward to trying some of your cheese-inspired recipes. Yum!

20 June, 2006 20:00 

Anonymous fanny said something sweet:

Hi Curious, thank you so much for your nice words. That really cheers me up.

21 June, 2006 18:09 

Anonymous Laudy said something sweet:

Hello Fanny !

I've just discovered your blog and I'm very surprising by its quality !! Congratulations !

I'm french so sorry for my english... I don't know if I write correctly !

30 June, 2006 10:31 

Anonymous elodie said something sweet:

Hello Fanny,

I'm French too, very funny to write to you in English but why not. I'm like you, since one year cookbooks are my favourite reading, and I really think to create my own blog in french/english.
Congratulation for yours, he is lovely. And thanks for Sam from Becks and Posh who spoke about you.

04 July, 2006 17:28 

Anonymous Estelle Westmoreland said something sweet:

I was looking for a Mrs Beetons recipe for scones and came across your blog. Im going to bake these this afternoon. Many thanks! Nice to have met you on here.

13 August, 2006 11:21 

Blogger David said something sweet:

Hi Fanny:

I noted you as one of my new blogs for Blog Day 06!:

02 September, 2006 21:40 

Anonymous marie said something sweet:

Hi Fanny,
I came across your blog as I was browsing through the web to find a lovely blog (I plan to create one of my own)and...well...your foodbeam blog is pure delight! So joyful! I can't believe you're only 21, and your English is perfect!Are you sure you're French?
I'll keep Foodbeam with my "favourites" for rainy days, it'll also help improve my English -I live in France as well-
Thanks a million, you made my day!

06 September, 2006 11:20 

Anonymous cupcake said something sweet:

Fanny, I love your blog. It is gorgeous and delicious. I admire your photography and style, which is impeccable. Now, I am motivated to explore my creativity with my blog. I cannot wait to start trying some of the food you suggest. Best of Luck and keep up the awesome work here!

15 September, 2006 19:00 

Blogger Joanna said something sweet:

I think I've gained a good 10lbs just looking at your site! I enjoy it immensely. Thank you for posting both the recipes and the photos :)

07 November, 2006 19:48 

Anonymous alex said something sweet:

fanny hi. I have just moved from South Africa to France and am struggling with some french products - Instead of buying puff pastry (feuilletee?) I ended up with brisee (a lot!) and now don't know what I can do with it. Any ideas?? thanks - alex (by the way am having problems finding cream that I can whip - I have tried the boxed cream and the plastic bottles but cannot find what i am looking for. In a supermarket, where would I look & what would it be called?? Thanks and your site is stunning!!

15 November, 2006 14:55 

Anonymous alex said something sweet:

btw my email is

15 November, 2006 14:56 

Anonymous scerrito said something sweet:

pourquoi ça n'est pas en français ? c'est trop mimi , j'adore , mais en french , please !!!

29 November, 2006 06:52 

Post a Comment

Back to foodbeam