Thursday, December 14, 2006
Menu for Hope III
It seems time has been going faster than I expected and before I even got a chance to say 'I'm late'
, I was actually running late.
Such a shame I haven't been able to participate to Menu For Hope
Menu For Hope is a wonderful event - created by the lovely Pim over at Chez Pim
- and enables food (and wine) bloggers to raise money for a great cause.
Last year, 17 000$ were raised and given to UNICEF.
"This year, Menu for Hope III raises funds to support the UN World Food Programme
, which provides hunger relief for needy people worldwide. To us Food Bloggers, food is a joy. On our blogs, we celebrate food as a delight or even an indulgence. Unfortunately, for many others who share our world do not share that privilege. For them, food is a matter of survival. This "Menu for Hope" is our small way to help." says Pim.
To tell the truth I have high expectations about 2006 fundraising as the raised sum reaches 15 000$
at the moment I write this post but also because this year prizes
I did spot a few favourites:
- a photography lesson
with Heidi of 101 cookbooks [UW 10]
- lovely amai tea sweet cookies [EU 31]
- a dinner for four at Iggy's
in Singapore [AP 01]
- a cute tea set [AP 42]
- the chance to visit Paris sweetest places
best chocolate expert you could ever dream of [EU 08]How can you get a chance to win one of these fabulous prizes?
1. Go to the donation page at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhopeIII
2. Make a donation, each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code.
3. If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim
on January 15 for the result of the raffle.
Labels: random sweetness
peggy said something sweet:
c'est vraiment une très bonne initiative... dommage qu'en France, ça n'existe pas!
- 17 December, 2006 18:55
Fanny said something sweet:
Si c'est aussi en France. Des nombreux blogs francais et européens offrent des prix super:
- 18 December, 2006 00:37
Back to foodbeam