Send As SMS
foodbeam has moved here - Go to www.foodbeam.com !
Sunday, July 24, 2005
About me...


name : fanny

live in : magagnosc, alpes maritimes, france [update - studying in Toulouse]

live with : my parents (im only 21) , my sister-twister and my lovely dog chiffon (which means "rag")

love : david (cinema addict), cherries, cookbooks

would love to visit : my city is london, but at the moment sydney (because of a man called bill granger) and the caribbean

interests : cooking, animals, photography...

why this blog ?I've always loved to cook. But as the years passed by, i started piling cookbooks i'd only read and never use.
So after spending 48h-non stop on both Nordljus and The Traveler's lunchbox, i decided it was time to get on with the action.
I created foodbeam to:
1) finally use my constantly-growing cookbooks collection
2) give me a reason to cook so much
3) pratice food photography and english

Labels:






27 sweets:
Blogger ChichaJo said something sweet:

Hi Fanny! Welcome to blog-land :-) You've got some really nice pictures already I see...those cherries look good enough for me to grab out of my laptop screen and eat!

25 July, 2005 16:51 

Blogger Estelle Tracy said something sweet:

Hello Fanny and bienvenue to your blog! I hope it will bring you through many beautiful and tasty journeys and I cannot wait to read your next food adventures.

26 July, 2005 03:00 

Blogger Cerebrum said something sweet:

Oh Fanny, this looks so promising! I'll surely keep popping by!

27 July, 2005 09:09 

Blogger *fanny* said something sweet:

Thank you very much ChichaJo, you're the first to make a comment so that's quite a celebration for me.
Im gonna have a look at your blog.
The cherries are from my garden and are so very good.
xoxo
Fanny

Thanx estelle for your kind words.
xoxo
Fanny

Thank you so much Zara Maria.
I saw on your blog that you made a recipe from Bill Granger and he's one of my favourites cooks.
By the ay your blog is awesome.
xoxo
Fanny

27 July, 2005 14:05 

Blogger eat stuff said something sweet:

I so have to go to Bill's
I will let you know if I go!

02 August, 2005 05:40 

Blogger *fanny* said something sweet:

Hi Clare Eats, you're so lucky to live in Australia. I'd love to go to bills.
Thanx for dropping by.
xoxo
Fanny

02 August, 2005 09:01 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

I love your new blog!! do you remeber me? mamsellemyrtille from aufeminin...the pictures are so nice et the content is not bad at all :p

03 August, 2005 09:38 

Blogger *fanny* said something sweet:

Thanx mamsellemyrtille for dropping by.
xoxo
Fanny

03 August, 2005 12:33 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

A French cookbook in English language. This is really great, because I am not able to read or write French. :-D

02 November, 2005 15:30 

Blogger Valentina said something sweet:

It has been fabulous to discover this blog. I plan on coming back many times. I love your style and the gorgeous photos.

22 January, 2006 16:23 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Hi ! I'm french but I'm studying in Italia and I love your blog !!!
I want to lick the screen every time I'm visiting your site... THANKS !!!
Continue..


PS: Why have you decided to write in english ?

17 April, 2006 18:16 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Hi Fanny !
Wowwww !!! You weblog is absolutely gorgeous, I'm just fan of your pics. Keep it up :)

11 June, 2006 20:25 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

i too, collect cookery books but i hardly use them. instead i read them like novels! :) get ideas from them, and drool all over the photography. btw, Bill Granger is okay, i prefer Donna Hay whose recipes are fab and the photography by Petrina Tinsley is absolutely stunning!

greetings from NL

14 June, 2006 16:27 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

boy am i glad i chanced upon this blog! great pictures and delicious-looking food you have there! i'm bookmarking this blog!

and as a vet student in sydney i can tell you that
1. sydney's certainly a great place to visit, bill's is fab, but many other sydney restaurants are worth a trip down under too! ;)
2. vet school is fun! (if you still wanna be a vet hehe)

19 June, 2006 09:49 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Hi there, i can't believe foodbeam's been running for almost a year!

Austrian - i hope you're not too disappointed not to find lots fo french recipe. I'm going to try to post more often about french food.

Valentina - thank you so much for you nice words.

Anonym - i'm no so sure lickinga computer is recommended :) I'm glad you like foodbean though!!!

Anne-So - merci!! Ca me fait super plaisir surtout venant de toi...

Gwenda - it feels like you're all i wanted to be: in Sydney and studying to be a vet.
Actually i don't want to be a vet anymore; when i was younger it didn't bother me to see the animal suffering as long as we were helping them (i did several pratical and i liked it); but now, too sensitive to animal pain.
So finally i'm studying engineering!

19 June, 2006 13:30 

Blogger Dolores said something sweet:

I just discovered your blog -- beautiful! Your fresh food photos have me hungry and I'm really looking forward to trying some of your cheese-inspired recipes. Yum!

20 June, 2006 20:00 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Hi Curious, thank you so much for your nice words. That really cheers me up.
xoxo
Fanny

21 June, 2006 18:09 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Hello Fanny !

I've just discovered your blog and I'm very surprising by its quality !! Congratulations !

I'm french so sorry for my english... I don't know if I write correctly !

30 June, 2006 10:31 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Hello Fanny,

I'm French too, very funny to write to you in English but why not. I'm like you, since one year cookbooks are my favourite reading, and I really think to create my own blog in french/english.
Congratulation for yours, he is lovely. And thanks for Sam from Becks and Posh who spoke about you.

04 July, 2006 17:28 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Hello!
I was looking for a Mrs Beetons recipe for scones and came across your blog. Im going to bake these this afternoon. Many thanks! Nice to have met you on here.

13 August, 2006 11:21 

Blogger David said something sweet:

Hi Fanny:

I noted you as one of my new blogs for Blog Day 06!: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2006/09/#000306

02 September, 2006 21:40 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Hi Fanny,
I came across your blog as I was browsing through the web to find a lovely blog (I plan to create one of my own)and...well...your foodbeam blog is pure delight! So joyful! I can't believe you're only 21, and your English is perfect!Are you sure you're French?
I'll keep Foodbeam with my "favourites" for rainy days, it'll also help improve my English -I live in France as well-
Thanks a million, you made my day!

06 September, 2006 11:20 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Fanny, I love your blog. It is gorgeous and delicious. I admire your photography and style, which is impeccable. Now, I am motivated to explore my creativity with my blog. I cannot wait to start trying some of the food you suggest. Best of Luck and keep up the awesome work here!

15 September, 2006 19:00 

Blogger Joanna said something sweet:

I think I've gained a good 10lbs just looking at your site! I enjoy it immensely. Thank you for posting both the recipes and the photos :)

07 November, 2006 19:48 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

fanny hi. I have just moved from South Africa to France and am struggling with some french products - Instead of buying puff pastry (feuilletee?) I ended up with brisee (a lot!) and now don't know what I can do with it. Any ideas?? thanks - alex (by the way am having problems finding cream that I can whip - I have tried the boxed cream and the plastic bottles but cannot find what i am looking for. In a supermarket, where would I look & what would it be called?? Thanks and your site is stunning!!

15 November, 2006 14:55 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

btw my email is alex@alexg.co.za

15 November, 2006 14:56 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

pourquoi ça n'est pas en français ? c'est trop mimi , j'adore , mais en french , please !!!

29 November, 2006 06:52 

Post a Comment

Back to foodbeam