Send As SMS
foodbeam has moved here - Go to www.foodbeam.com !
Sunday, July 24, 2005
Is my blog burning #17 - and the theme is

I'm so happy because im going to participate to this month's is my blog burning which theme is tasteTea.
Actually I visited the food blog A la cuisine and saw this new post about the 17th is my blog burning.
"On July 31st, I’ll have the honour of hosting the 17th edition of the food blogging phenomenon Is My Blog Burning? Created by the eminent Alberto of Il Forno, IMBB brings together dozens of bloggers from around the world each month to cook dishes with a common theme.
For July, I’m delighted to announce that the theme will be… tasteTea! Huh? Let me clarify. tasteTea, as in a tasty dish of your choice prepared with tea."
To participate I have to send a link of this webblog to clement at alacuisine@gmail.com before the 31th of july.
Im so excited. I think im gonna make a green and black tiramisu using matcha tea powder and a chocolate sponge. I hope i can find some matcha tea powder over here in the south of france; otherwise i'll have to find another recipe using tea but it won't be easy as ever since i saw the theme of this month's IMBB i have been having a tiramisu in mind. I though of this dish because i love tiramisu and because i think that green tea and dark chocolate go really well together (and im not the only one who thinks so - see what Keiko thinks).
I finally got my Matcha tea from a local Patissier-Salon de thé that i've been frequenting for almost 20 years (i'm actually 20 years-old). It's called Lenoir Patisserie. Jean Jacques Lenoir opened is first shop in Valbonne - a lovely typical French village where i lived for 15 years- the day i was born. From this day he always considered me as his "mascotte" (as he used to say).
Above is a picture of his lovely boutique.

Anyway the tea is "Thé Matcha en poudre" (which means powdered Matcha tea) from Mariage Frères a renown tea shop. The tea was packed in a beautiful metal box and costed 14 euros (for 40g). I'm so very happy...

Labels:






1 sweets:
Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

It was lovely to see the picture of Jean Jacques' patisserie on your weblog. We used to live near Valbonne and have very fond memories of his wonderful patisserie and chocolate. Next time you see him, please say hi from "les chapeaux anglais"

02 September, 2006 19:51 

Post a Comment

Back to foodbeam