Send As SMS
foodbeam has moved here - Go to www.foodbeam.com !
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
My two new books

As you may have noticed two of the books from my "BOOKS I WANT" list have disappeared. Actually i've just ordered them from Amazon for 34£. I'm so happy. Monday or tuesday i'll have two new and beautiful cookbooks.



Cook 1.0 - Heidi Swanson

When i saw that Heidi from 101 cookbooks had written a cookbook i just could'nt resist. And after looking at the customers rewiews i was amazed : this cookbook is not our usual cookbook, it is "the new generation cookbook"; so you'll understand why i had to buy it.

First reading impression : the cover is beautiful, each chapter title is well chosen : we all need some great recipes for breakfast, lunchbox, one-dish dinners, sides, spreads and sauces, sweets and drinks. As you can see this book has no lack. Every important theme is well explored, i love the pictures (as usual Heidi takes wonderful photos) and the charts are very easy to use. You can check everything you need in one quick glance. For me that always forget to buy something or to do something it's great. Though the book is said to be for beginners but i'm sure it would be perfect even for experimented cooks. The recipes are simple but who cares; you don't have to be a beginner to enjoy delicious and no-fuss recipes.


The food i love - Neil Perry

I remember the first time i saw this book on the shelf at BORDERS in Kingston, UK. I instantly loved the white on white look and the whole layout of the book. I liked Neil's writting too, not too much (like Nigella), nor too little (he explains every technics...).

But the book cost 30£. So i left it on the shelf (usually i would have bought it but as i had already bought 7 cookbooks in 4 days i tried to restrain myself a little and the price was a good excuse).

And now it's only 18£ so i jumped for it...

Labels:






3 sweets:
Blogger Estelle Tracy said something sweet:

I also have Heidi's cookbook and I absolutely love her section dedicated to pancakes (it's also her favorites). I have just found one pancake recipe that's better than hers, but still, her recipe rules! I already tried the pumpkin/walnut and banana/macadamia nuts variations, all delicious!

29 July, 2005 13:54 

Blogger *fanny* said something sweet:

Dont say that to me. I already want this book more than everything so your comment makes the waiting even more unbearable.
Love
Fanny

29 July, 2005 15:41 

Blogger Chanita Harel חני הראל said something sweet:

I Love your Blog!
thanks :-)

25 September, 2005 20:58 

Post a Comment

Back to foodbeam