Send As SMS
foodbeam has moved here - Go to www.foodbeam.com !
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Un trésor de pâtisserie - La Bonbonnière by Enri Lopez

[A treasured pâtisserie - La Bonbonnière by Enri Lopez]

Corsica

Toulouse is a lovely city with hundreds of tiny streets you discover one day after another.
It’s like walking in a labyrinthe [labyrinth].

Last year, as I was discovering the hidden treasures my new student hometown, I spotted a lovely boutique which had the most beautiful and attractive front-window you could ever dream of – colourful, elegant and very delicious.
To tell the truth, the real thing that caught my eyes was a gigantic macarons croquenbouche.
I had to enter. And I did.

I will always remember that day. There were so many different patisseries I stayed in the shop - unsure about what to choose – for more than half an hour.
From that special day, I’ve been visiting La Bonbonnière every other week and always have a nice talk with the lovely lady that sells heaven in a box.


Corsica

This is a ‘Christmas special’. Every year, from November, the pastry chef makes this delicate entremet:
- mousse aux marrons avec des éclats de marron confits [chestnut mousse with candied chestnut chunks]
- bavaroise au whisky [whisky bavaroise]
- dacquoise aux amandes [almond dacquoise]


Macarons à la vanille

These macarons have a fine vanilla flavour and are speckled with loads of vanilla seeds from Mexico.


Gauguin

This is the first entremet I tried from La Bonbonnière and I am SO in love with it.
It might be the nostalgia of the first bite or the delicious combination of Manjari milk chocolate and cinnamon, but Gauguin embodies paradise – if paradise there is.


Provence

I was first attracted by this entremet because of its beauty. Imagine a shiny white glaze freckled with vanilla seeds.
Inside that stunning carapace sit:
- almond bavaroise
- diced pear
- pear bavaroise
- almond dacquoise

La Bonbonnière
41 r Tourneurs
31000 Toulouse
Tel.: 00 335 61 21 66 04


- -

Labels: ,






10 sweets:
Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

oh my god, these patisseries looks delicious!! And I really like the name "La Bonbonnière", it just reminds me of childhood.

16 December, 2006 18:21 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

hi Fanny,
this sounds indeed as a very special shop...mouth-watering!
I’m not too big of a fan of glazed marrons, but the pictures....drool!!

16 December, 2006 18:28 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Je note, je note ! Merci Fanny de partager tes trouvailles !!!

17 December, 2006 18:03 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Hi Fanny!
Delicious,delicious and one more delicious! I miss France a lot when I see such beauties!
I've finally created my own foodblog now... and you have definitely inspired me a whole lot! A shame that we didn't get to meet when I lived in Tourrettes last year!
Bisous d'Anne!

17 December, 2006 19:25 

Blogger Unknown said something sweet:

Je suis bien contente que tu apprécies Toulouse et que tu la décrive si bien, car c'est ma ville et je l'adore!!
Et je suis totalement d'accord avec toi sur les délices de La Bonbonnière...

17 December, 2006 20:23 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

la bonbonnière fait les meilleurs brioches. elles sont finnement parfumées. un vrai délice.
pour les macarons, je reste déçu par contre.
mon adresse pour ces derniers reste le poussin bleu, rue du languedoc (les carmes).

17 December, 2006 21:29 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Ahh que je suis gormande... la france me manque enormmement, c'est deliciouse...Merci

18 December, 2006 00:38 

Blogger *fanny* said something sweet:

Hi everyone. Thank you for your lovely comments; it always cheers me up!

Noemie - indeed, what sounds better than familiar words related with childhood?

Julia - I wish I would like marrons glacés but I can't help. I rave for them every second of my life.

Elodie - de rien, ca me fait un bon exercice de 'goûter'.

Anne - glad you finally decided to start a blog. Can't wait to read about your adventures.
PS such a shame we didn't have a chance to meet :(

Milie - ouf, j'ai echappé belle; heureusement que je n'ai pas dis (trop) de mal de toulouse :)

Rosalie - c'est décidé, la prochaine fois je m'attaque à la brioche. Pour les macarons, je n'ai gouté que vanille, cannelle et pistache et je dois dire que seuls ceux a la vanille en valait vraiment la peine.

Ariadna - je suis contente que tu 'sentes' la france a travers mon blog.

xoxo
- fanny

19 December, 2006 00:58 

Blogger sooishi said something sweet:

tout ceci est sublime, je vais ABSOLUMENT y aller lors de mon prochain passage à Toulouse, merci merci pour cette adresse!

19 December, 2006 12:35 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Wish You a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful 2007. ^_^

24 December, 2006 18:53 

Post a Comment

Back to foodbeam