Send As SMS
foodbeam has moved here - Go to www.foodbeam.com !
Friday, February 10, 2006
Seven's heaven - Meme

Another recipe i must ask - Maud's never-fail chocolate cakies (between a cake and a cookie)


I was tagged by Bea from La tartine gourmande for this 7 meme. All I have to do is make lists of 7 things. If it does not seems very clear to you, just look below...
Actually I decided to change it slightly - the main topic here will be food, cooking and baking! So let's call this the 7 food meme.

7 things to do/buy/cook/bake/eat before I die
- buy PH10 by Pierre Herme
- attend pastry and cooking courses at Le Cordon Bleu
- open a 'salon de the' [tea room] in London
- take classes in food photography
- go to NYC's foodies places like Dean and Deluca, Sur la table, Magnolia Bakery… preferably at Christmas time
- learn to make sushi
- have all the Rosle kitchen tools

7 things I cannot do/eat/make
- eat lamb - just the smell of it makes me sick
- unmould panna cottas
- 'pate brisee' [plain pastry] without farina tipo 00
- not thinking about food everyday
- not buying a cookbook every fortnight
- wait for the cake to be completely cold before icing it
- restrain myself from buying less than 5 packs of instant-action yeast when going to Waitrose

7 things that attract me to blogging
- improve my english
- improve my photography
- improve my culinary skills - like how to unmould pretty mousses from cooking rings
- discover the cookbooks I already own
- share a passion with foodies around the world
- discover new ways of cooking things
- great inspiration

7 things I say most often when I'm in a kitchen
- 'maman il est ou le beurre/le lait...' [mum, where is the butter/the milk...]
- 'tu peux me donner la recette' [can you give the recipe?]
- 'MoWmAwE' (full mouth)
- 'hum, c'est quoi?' [yum, what's that?]
- 'beurk, c'est quoi!' [ugh, what's that!]
- do you think it looks good? "t'es u" [are you sure?]
- 'comment on dit "parsley" en francais, mais oui tu sais le petit herbe verte...' [what's the french word for 'parsley', you know the little green herb...]

7 cookbooks I love
- How to be a domestic goddess from Nigella Lawson
- bills Sydney food from Bill Granger
- Mes desserts au chocolat from Pierre Herme
- Feast from Nigella Lawson
- The naked chef from Jamie Oliver
- Mes 100 recettes de gateaux from Christophe Felder
- Hope I will get it soon - PH 10 from Pierre Herme

7 food DVDs I watch over and over again
- Jamie's kitchen
- Nigella bites
- all the tapes I recorded from UKTV FOOD



PS - You may have noticed the new icon in the sidebar.
FOOD BEAM you are what you eat is my new food blog exploring natural foods, organic ingredients and whole grains.
Hope you'll enjoy it and have a good read.
(Read more...)



-

Labels:






10 sweets:
Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

tu as eu une très bonne idée d'ouvrir un nouveau blog, je m'en vais l'ajouter à ma liste sur bloglines immédiatement par contre je n'ai pas pu y laisser un message compte blogger obligatoire.

11 February, 2006 09:29 

Blogger *fanny* said something sweet:

Merci beaucoup Anne. Pour les commntaires c'est resolu, je n'avais pas fait attention.

xoxo
Fanny

11 February, 2006 10:33 

Blogger A said something sweet:

Hello Fanny,

I just wanted to compliment you on you beautiful blog.I wish my photos could be half as good as yours. Good luck with your new quest for healthier food.

~Ashlee

13 February, 2006 00:06 

Blogger Kate Croft said something sweet:

Fanny,

I just discovered your blogs, and I think they're so beautiful. Your photographs are exquisite! Good luck with your exciting new health-blog endeavor...I'll keep checking for updates!

13 February, 2006 03:52 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

I've been to Magnolia bakery in NY and can honestly say they have the best cupcakes I have ever tasted, so it's great that you have it on your to do list.

13 February, 2006 14:13 

Blogger Banlieue Blog said something sweet:

Hey Fanny!
I was tagged by Bea as well, and thought, OMG....I just can't think of all those things, your version is so much better and I will respond using your titles.
Thanks!
Love your new blog and am afraid I AM what I eat.
Take care.
Melissa

15 February, 2006 15:55 

Blogger *kel said something sweet:

Hi Food Beam Fanny, what a delight to land on your blog. I had some time to spare and was trying to see who else were in the same class as I do in FOODBLOGSCOOL... je trouve que tu as beaucoup beacoup de talent! et tu est aussi tres tres jeuene... well, comparing to the average demographics of foodbloggers... =) j´habite á barcelone et mon petit ami et français il a vecu á marseille pour longtemps. speak soon. A ++

kel @ Green Olive Tree

17 February, 2006 18:12 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Hi Fanny,

The first comment I leave after a break for 3 weeks!

Very nice, funny and cute. Le petit herbe as you say! I love those little mistakes! ;-)
Your answers are very cute and your version perfect! Merci!

23 February, 2006 23:05 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

Hihi I've got it !! I win it , the famous PH10, so fantastic and professional !

04 March, 2006 16:50 

Anonymous Anonymous said something sweet:

I just love your meme, it really made me chuckle. I too am a UKTV FOOD junkie, LOL.

Love your site, I hope you don't mind but I have linked to it.

I'm very new to this but feel free to visit my blog

12 March, 2006 20:51 

Post a Comment

Back to foodbeam